Tuesday 22 November 2011

BONE SCOFFING NOT A GOOD IDEA


This morning when I came down Molly was unwilling to jump off the sofa and looked very 'umbled in a Uriah Heap sort of way.

This usually means she's been up to something.

Looked around and couldn't see anything amiss. She still refused to budge off the comfy sofa. Wouldn't look me in the eye. Wasn't pleased to see me at all as she usually is. Heart in mouth moment. Was she sick?

The test of that is to give her food. If she refuses it then she is probably sickening for something. I got the usual breakfast and rattled the bowl in the kitchen. A thundering down the corridor and a skid into the kitchen. Nah......... she was fine.

But she still looked sheepish.

I went back into the TV room (where she sleeps on the sofa). There is a patterned rug so it was difficult to see anything wrong. But when I had a really close look (rather than being blurred by sleep) I spotted a brown goo. Ugh. Whipped it up with kitchen roll and inspected the mess.

In amongst the brown gunk was a small but very pointed bone. Molly had picked it up from somewhere the day before and had been sick.

I am NEVER ever cross when she is sick- Labradors eat anything so its an occupational hazard - but for some reason she knows its not a good thing and has this sheepish and contrite look. Its the same look she gives me when she slinks off after nicking something from the kitchen.

Mind you its lucky she was sick. The sharp bone could have pierced something inside and that would have been nasty.

Phew................

No comments:

Post a Comment