Tuesday 20 December 2011

Will We Have Snow for Christmas


This is a picture of Molly last March in Scotland in deep deep snow. This is the front garden normally a tatty lawn but after several feet of snow Moll was puzzled and sank up to her tum in the soft bits.

Mind you lucky thing was light enough to skate across most of this. I on the other hand got stuck after two strides.

We are spending Christmas Day with friends who also have dogs so it will be a dog friendly day. Unfortunately, they are mainly greedy labradours and you have to watch the food on various tables as it does go missing however hard you shout to "leave".

Mind you after several glasses of The Widow Cliquot you don't actually care what the dogs do.

The next day clearing up you certainly mind. A whole ham went last year. Sadly, it was the ham I'd brought to the feast and although I haven't said anything I think it was Molly who brought it down off the kitchen table when we were all slurping and munching in the dinning room with the log fire roaring.

Quite a fun Christmas.

On Boxing Day we are entertaining here with non-doggy cousins. They love Moll but don't like it when she jumps up or retrieves something from a present heap.

A Happy Christmas to all who read this blog - precisely no-one at the moment. I wonder what you have to do to get a blog following. I am not going down the shock horror secret expose route - although I did use to work in the film industry and often thought of writing my memoirs and to blow the lid open on several scandals!!! Perhaps that's for another blog.

I like my dog blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment